1. It’s not your fault, chronic illness chose you, you didn’t choose it.
2. SMILE. Enjoy the good days when you have them, you know the ones, where you Sometimes Make It Look Easy.
3. Stop feeling guilty for being ill. It’s not your fault and as long as you’re trying your best, that’s all that can be asked.
4. The doctor isn’t always right; there is a reason they call it practicing medicine. If you have any doubts, seek a second opinion. However remember, more opinions can also lead to more uncertainty.
5. Update your medical alert on your iPhone (I’m not sure if Android offers this feature). An emergency can happen anytime and it’s good to be prepared.